Why Jojoba skincare?
Most skincare products attempt to overwrite the natural functions of our skin. Jojoba helps skin to fix itself. Our superior Wadi-Wadi Jojoba found at the heart of our products unlock your skin’s natural intelligence, because it’s made just like your skin’s natural oil — helping it behave as it was always designed to do. It’s time to rethink what you think about your skin.
We grow our signature Wadi-Wadi Jojoba for its superior healing properties. Unique to Australia, it’s unlike any other jojoba on the planet. Teeming with antioxidants, omegas and vitamins A, D and E, our high-performing Wadi-Wadi Jojoba is the reason why our skincare can be so effective across all skin types, life stages and concerns — without the need for harmful additives, or chemical nasties.
|Why Australian Wadi-Wadi Jojoba?||Wadi-Wadi Jojoba||Other Jojoba|
|Higher amounts of Omega 9 than other species of jojoba||Yes||No|
|Extra virgin cold-pressed||Yes||?|
|Filtered 14 times for absolute purity||Yes||No|
|Grown in nutrient rich soils||Yes||No|
|Strict quality control||Yes||?|
|Traceable, from bean to bottle we manage every step of the way||Yes||No|
|Sustainably and ethically farmed||Yes||?|
Jojoba Oil Properties
Jojoba has the same molecular structure as the natural wax esters in our skin. Our skin's sebum contains 30% of these wax esters. These wax esters are responsible for keeping skin cells plumped, maintaining open pores and deeply cleaning the skin, resulting in an overall healthy complexion
How jojoba works
As we age the wax ester content in our skin begins to diminish resulting in dry skin and eventually fine lines. Jojoba is the only known plant source of wax esters that is able to replenish these lost esters, as our skin recognises jojoba as its own and allows this golden liquid to penetrate deeper into the skin, where it is able to nourish and regenerate skin cells.
The molecular structure
Jojoba wax esters are similar to human skin sebum wax esters.
10 Benefits of Jojoba Oil & Why Its The Best Thing For Your Skin
1. Jojoba works with your skin, not against it
As a liquid wax ester - and not an oil - jojoba actually has a similar molecular structure to the wax esters naturally found in our skin. This helps our skin recognise jojoba as its own, allowing for nutrients to be carried deeper into the skin’s layers.
2. Jojoba has a variety of uses
While it is most common to use jojoba as a facial oil, our jojoba can also be used in many other ways:
- to moisturise your scalp and hair
- as an all-over body oil
- as a beard oil/to calm irritated skin post-shaving
- as a cuticle oil
- as a moisturising oil for your lips
- to soothe your dog's dry or cracked paws
- mixed with sugar to create a scrub
- Added to a clay mask to add moisturising properties
3. Jojoba won’t clog your pores
Jojoba is non-comedogenic, meaning it doesn’t clog the pores like some oils do. It is unlikely Jojoba will cause breakouts or acne, but instead helps to calm breakouts.
This is especially important for those who deal with oily skin. Although it may seem counterintuitive, using our Jojoba on oily skin types can actually aid in controlling and regulating the natural oil production in your skin.
4. Jojoba is packed full of vitamins and omegas
Aside from being an antioxidant itself, our Australian Jojoba contains vitamins A, D and E and omegas 6 and 9. Let’s take a look at what these can do for your skin:
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant that boosts collagen production and elastin, helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Vitamin D is a vitamin that plays an important role in the protection and rejuvenation of skin and enhances the skin’s immune system to help destroy free radicals that cause premature ageing
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that’s beneficial in reducing UV damage to skin, softens skin and helps the skin retain moisture
- Omega 6 is a fatty acid which helps replenish the lipid structure of the skin and is vital in maintaining your skin’s barrier, keeping it smooth, moisturised and elastic.
- Omega 9 is a fatty acid that maintains hydration, improves skin elasticity, softens skin and reduces inflammation
5. Jojoba is suitable for all skin types
Our Australian Jojoba works well with all skin types.
For dry skin, Jojoba will deeply nourish and hydrate the skin. For oily skin, it will help to regulate the skin’s oil production.Your personalised skincare recommendation here
6. Jojoba has an extensive shelf lifeJojoba has a longer shelf life than most plant oils, lasting up to 2 years.
Tip: If you mix Jojoba with other oils, it will help extend the shelf life of that oil, giving you a longer total shelf life.
For example, rosehip oil has a shelf life of about 6 months, but lasts up to 2 years when mixed with our Australian Jojoba. This is what we’ve done with our Jojoba and Rosehip Oil, to give you the benefits of both oils for an extended amount of time!Benefits of Jojoba and Rosehip Oil
7. Jojoba regulates sebum and oil production for skin and hair
Jojoba mimics the naturally produced oils in our skin. When it is applied to the skin, it provides deep hydration and moisturisation, sending our skin the message that it does not need to produce more oil. That is why it is so effective for regulating oil production for oily skin.
In terms of hair, our Jojoba will benefit all hair types, however, we recommend it to those with more curly hair types, as Jojoba will help to keep the scalp moisturised, reducing frizz.
8. Jojoba is a natural emollient
Emollients are oil-rich components that treat dry, flaky skin, leaving you smooth and soft.
Helping support and replenish your skin barrier, emollients work best when applied on wet skin, or after your humectant step - like a water-based serum.
Jojoba is a natural emollient. Natural emollients are preferable to synthetic emollients, as they don’t restrict the skin’s respiration and don’t contain residues of toxic chemicals.
Learn more about emollients, humectants and occlusives and why you should incorporate them into your skincare routine.Learn more about emollients, humectants and occlusives and why you should incorporate them into your skincare routine.
9. Our jojoba contains no nasties or additives
When you see our Australian Jojoba on the shelf, you can rest assured that the bottle has had nothing added to it.
Even further, we don't use any chemical fertilisers on our Jojoba trees, so from bean to bottle, we ensure our process is clean and vegan.
10. Our Jojoba is sustainably grown in Australia
Australian made and owned, we nurture all of our jojoba trees right here on our Beresford Farm, located in Yenda, NSW.
As the birthplace of our Jojoba, we ensure our Beresford Farm follows processes that are sustainable and good for the environment - which is why our jojoba crops feed on composted animal manures instead of chemical fertiliser.
Additionally, our Wadi-Wadi Jojoba crop is carbon-negative, meaning it actually removes more carbon from the atmosphere than it creates.Read more about our Australian Jojoba farm